Thinking about saving the world’s natural resources can be overwhelming to any of us; however, using the Sipsee® is just one simple way we can all do our small part by saving one sip at a time. And when it comes to water, perhaps our most limited vital resource, it’s important to not waste good, clean water that is in our drinking bottles, regardless of the type of beverage.
Sipsee® specifically addresses the following concerns:
Sanitation – Using the wrong bottle results in drinking someone else’s saliva.
Expense – The cost adds up when we grab new beverage bottles before finishing previously opened bottles. The cost of one Sipsee® is very quickly offset by the savings realized when fewer bottles are purchased.
Waste – Extra bottles are often thrown away with a portion of the contents remaining. Throwing out a half-full bottle wastes the contents and the bottle itself. The material in one Sipsee® is significantly less than the material wasted when an unfinished bottle is thrown out.
There is a negative ripple effect that occurs on the environment and pocketbook when we unnecessarily open additional bottles. Sipsee® is a convenient and fun way to address these concerns!
Water – The Situation and The Challenge
- California American Water
- San Diego Interactive Water Exhibits
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- A Million Plastic Bottles Per Minute – 91% Of Which Are Not Recycled
- Why so much stuff placed in recycling bins ends up in the landfill
- Report on Plastic Bottle Caps on Netherland Beaches
- Millions Of Pieces Of Plastic Are Piling Up On An Otherwise Pristine Pacific Island
- Plastic island: How our trash is destroying paradise (Watch time 6:00 to 7:15 if nothing else)
Reduction and Conservation Success Stories
- Recycling Brings Green To Pennsylvania
- New Report Shows Massachusetts Bottle Bill Law Creates Nearly 1,500 Jobs and Contributes Up to $151 Million to State GDP (June, 2017)
- Ecolab Turns Water Management into…Revenue Stream
- The Water Conservation Garden